The Thompsons

The rotting remains of 2012's festival
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

The Thompsons

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - odd attempt to turn a real failure into a franchise. Certainly better than The Hamiltons, but there's really no zing here. Feels like they should just go see a doctor and get some blood on the NHS. Give up on being monsters, you're no good at it.
djwoody
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Thompsons

Post by djwoody »

Gnarling , snarling vampires & mockney accents - carp
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Better off as a hour long, forgettable FX channel segment. Gave me the lie in I needed :D
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by AdeBrown »

Nothing wrong with a Hammer-esque family vs the Near Dark end of the Twilight franchise.
It was watchable enough.
The landlord's wife was the highlight as she seemed to particularly enjoy herself.
I'm pleased that someone is trying to do a vampire film /franchise without that Anne Rice romanticism that has blighted and stilted the genre in recent years. This would have worked as a teen horror TV series in the 90s, but let's not go there.

That whole Ludlow/Ashford/"2hrs north east of London" mix up bugged me though. ;-)
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest
Jekyll
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Jekyll »

Wish I had overslept and missed it,

Simply terrible.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

Moving them to jolly olde England was a terrible mistake. The first half of the film particularly was a bit painful to watch.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

An entertaining sequel to The Hamiltons as the family relocates to England, complete with a few jokes at Britain's expense. On the whole this is a serious film that tries hard to distance itself from the likes of Twilight, albeit not always successfully (e.g the central love story). Very little originality to make this really stand out in the vampire subgenre. A generous 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

My least favourite film of the festival - but atleast it didn't leave me feeling angry and with an ever present hatred for all involved with it - so not THE worst film I've ever seen at Frightfest.
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Enjoyed this more than The Hamiltons. Liked the country setting. Also the red pupils when they are about to bit someone. Who would of thought they would say grace before eating. Did have a bit of a cheesy ending.
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"