The Drone

ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

The Drone

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I can't believe we don't have a topic for this masterpiece!

The Drone has a deliberately ironic aesthetic that is in on the joke of the absurd plot and hence was a hoot to watch with the Frightfest crowd. Alex Essoe gives an admirably deadpan performance as the woman stalked by the killer drone, my reservations are mainly that the film doesn't push the absurdity enough and often is content to deliver standard low-budget slasher content in an unironic manner. Still worth watching unless you take it seriously. Watching it with the Frightfest crowd was the perfect way for this to be seen, so try to watch it in a group so you can have fun with it.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: The Drone

Post by mamawaldi »

A Child's Play knock off that got wonderfully ever dafter as it went along. The husbands penchant for scarves, the drone on the rocking chair.... lots to like.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

I started out thinking it was just utter incompetent nonsense - like Reborn with Barbara Crampton last Halloween - so I wasn't really paying attention. It took a while to realise that it's really rather funny and clever. I'd like to see it again.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

ChrisReynolds wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:27 pm Watching it with the Frightfest crowd was the perfect way for this to be seen, so try to watch it in a group so you can have fun with it.
Absolutely. Had I watched this at home, alone, I would have likely hated it. However, with the crowd in attendance it was a great experience. Will I watch it again? Unlikely, but I will have fond memories of this screening.